Congratulations on your engagement!
WE HAVE OVER 5000 SQUARE FEET OF EXCEPTIONAL AND CONVERTIBLE EVENT SPACE THAT IS SURE TO MAKE YOUR big day A MEMORABLE ONE.
We package weddings a little differently than most venues as we give couples time to set up and take down the day before and day after their wedding, as opposed to insisting they are in and out in the same day. We found this is appreciated by couples as it gives them time to set-up, enjoy their day, and then come in later to clean up and remove items.
We have a variety of rooms and furniture configurations that can accommodate small intimate parties or larger affairs of up to 135 guests seated, or 175 for a cocktail event. Our rooms can be rented separtately or bundled together.
Pricing AND ACCESS
To give you an idea of costs our basic package for our Hemingway Room is $6750+GST. This includes 6 hours of set up the day before, 12 hours of venue access the day of and 4 hours of clean up either Sunday or Monday. Our pricing does fluctuate a bit to accommodate holidays and low-periods.
Food and beverage
We are a venue only, which means we work with preferred catering teams (Urbane Culinary and Hotel Arts) to provide food and beverage service at events. We do allow outside catering, but there is a catering buy-out fee attached. We're also currently allowing clients to bring in their own alcohol but a corkage fee will apply.
All of our venue rentals include:
- a venue manager who will answer your questions and walk you through the details such as contracts, expectations and procedures,
- an event attendant who will be onsite for the entirety of your affair.
- Tables and chairs for up to 100 people (Hemingway Room), lounge furniture (Parlour Room)
- Basic A/V package
Other services include, but are not limited to:
- Day-of coordination we take care of the details so you and your guests can sit back and enjoy
- Event Planning including rentals, liaising with vendors, musicians and bartenders and essentially bringing your vision to life. We work with a team of event planners who specialize in a plethora of event styles, so you are sure to get the expertise you require.
- Event Styling which includes designing the decor and ambiance of the event space to match your theme and vision.
- Graphic Design including invitations, posters, and fine stationery details such as place cards, signage and thank you cards.
Industrial opulence unites our collection of venues through their exposed brick back drops and crystal cadence.
The Parlour Room, The Commodore Room and The Hemingway Room are the event spaces at The Commons. All original rooms within the historic Westeel building (circa 1919), each room is unparalleled in their unique architectural personality, yet match in their open concept flexibility to accommodate nearly any event you can imagine.
The Parlour Room boasts a modern-vintage industrial style reminiscent of gentlemen's smoking rooms of times past. Velvet couches, leather benches and crystal chandeliers decorate the space while moveable furnishings and two large projector walls make this room an adaptable place to host either a social soiree or business function.
Up to 100 people
TYPES OF EVENTS
Best suited for low-key, intimate affairs such as high-end cocktail parties.
Sleek concrete floors and three grand west-facing windows framed by 22 feet of original exposed brick, The Hemingway Room is simple yet bold, and undeniably charming. Rich in character as the stories once written by Ernest himself, we invite you to compose your event in our most dexterous of venues.
Up to 155 people
TYPES OF EVENTS
Best suited for bigger parties or large functions such as industry networking nights.
The Commodore Room exudes a timeless aesthetic. Three west-facing windows wash the space in an abundance of natural light. Enclosed with crisp white brick borders and anchored by a grande crystal chandelier, its surmounting charm extends far beyond its frame as the most intimate of our event venues.
Up to 25 people
TYPES OF EVENTS
Fit for creative classes, exquisite dinner parties or pop-up showcases of your latest conception.