HOST AN EVENT AT THE COMMONS!
DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR A FUNCTION THAT ALIGNS WELL WITH THE COMMONS' BRAND AND MAY PROVIDE A GREAT ADDITION TO OUR EVENT ROSTER?
THIS COULD BE A CHARITABLE EVENT, COMMUNITY BUILDING OCCASION OR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GATHERING.
if so, you may have access to our event rooms for a minimal cost*.
Every month, one date is reserved at low-cost for a not-for-profit event that caters to the entrepreneurial spirit and community here within our space. Through this offering, we hope you can use our event spaces to celebrate, learn, and expand personal and professional networks in a great space without the overhead of high venue rental fees.
- To be eligible, the event CANNOT be for profit - it either must be free to attend or all the proceeds given to an identified charity
- We prefer events to run Sunday-Wednesday, but we can be flexible depending on the nature of your event
- You may be responsible for out-of-pocket expenses such as staff, security, coffee/tea etc.
- You will need to provide event insurance and liquor licenses (if applicable)
- As part of the event proposal, a short event marketing plan must be presented to the staff of The Commons
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An event that aligns with the brand, values and visions of The Commons. Professional, non-profit networking events, events supporting the arts & culture, small business and entrepreneurial community of Calgary – along with those that have charitable initiatives - may all be considered to align with the visions and values of The Commons.
- An event that is of benefit to a charitable/community organization, or that is oriented towards the local entrepreneurial or arts & culture communities
- Please note we give preference to events that support the entrepreneurial community or provide value to our current members.
- Submit your event proposal through the form below
- Your proposal and event concept will be reviewed in a weekly internal community meeting, which is composed of The Commons staff, owners, and membership representatives (Ward Bosses)
- We will contact you within 48 hours of our meeting
- The team will meet with you to discuss logistics and any costs associated with your function
- A contract will be drawn up and expectations will be clearly communicated between parties
*We just ask for our out-of-pocket expenses to be covered such as staff, cleaners, security, etc. We'll discuss these details with you if we select your event.