HOST AN EVENT AT THE COMMONS!
DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR A FUNCTION THAT ALIGNS WELL WITH THE COMMONS' BRAND AND MAY PROVIDE A GREAT ADDITION TO OUR EVENT ROSTER?
THIS COULD BE A CHARITABLE EVENT, COMMUNITY BUILDING OCCASION OR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GATHERING.
if so, you may have access to our event rooms for a minimal cost.
We set aside dates a few times a year specifically to host events that cater to the entrepreneurial spirit and community here within our space. Through this offering, we hope you can use our event spaces to celebrate, learn, and expand personal and professional networks in a great space without the overhead of high venue rental fees.
- To be eligible, the event CANNOT be for profit - it either must be free to attend or all the proceeds given to an identified charity
- We prefer events to run Sunday-Wednesday, but we try to be flexible depending on the nature of your event
- As part of the event proposal, a short event marketing plan must be presented to the staff of The Commons
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An event that aligns with the brand, values and visions of The Commons. Professional, non-profit networking events, events supporting the arts & culture, small business and entrepreneurial community of Calgary – along with those that have charitable initiatives - may all be considered to align with the visions and values of The Commons.
- An event that is well presented from a design and marketing perspective.
- Please note we give preference to events that support the entrepreneurial community or provide value to our current members.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- A discounted rate for the room which is determined based on your sponsorship package offering, the regular rate for the room, time of year and event alignment with our goals and values. In addition you will be responsible for out-of-pocket expenses such as staff, security, coffee/tea etc. and will need to provide event insurance and liquor licenses (if applicable).
- We can market your event to our members and large community network.
WHAT WE ASK FOR
- A thoughtful proposal on how our organizations can work together
- We believe strongly in win/win relationships
- Submit your event proposal through the form below
- Your proposal and event concept will be reviewed in a weekly internal community meeting, which is composed of The Commons staff, owners, and membership representatives
- We will contact you within 48 hours of our meeting
- The team will meet with you to discuss logistics and any costs associated with your function
- A contract will be drawn up and expectations will be clearly communicated between parties