HOST AN EVENT AT THE COMMONS!
DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR A FUNCTION THAT ALIGNS WELL WITH THE COMMONS' BRAND AND MAY PROVIDE A GREAT ADDITION TO OUR EVENT ROSTER? THIS COULD BE A CHARITABLE EVENT, COMMUNITY BUILDING OCCASION OR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GATHERING.
aS a commoner, you have access to our event rooms for a minimal cost*.
Every month, up to two dates will be reserved for Commoners to host their own not-for-profit event that caters to the entrepreneurial spirit and community here within our space. Through this offering, we hope members can use our event spaces to celebrate, learn, and expand their personal and professional networks in a great space without the overhead of high venue rental fees.
- To be eligible, you/your business must be a MONTHLY member of The Commons
- The event CANNOT be for profit - it either must be free to attend or all the proceeds given to an identified charity
- We prefer events to run Sunday-Wednesday, but we can be flexible depending on the nature of your event
- You may be responsible for out-of-pocket expenses such as staff, security, coffee/tea etc.
- You will need to provide event insurance and liquor license (if applicable)
- We will give first priority to Commoners who have not yet hosted an event, but you are welcome to apply more than once within 1 calendar year
- Commoner-sponsored events will be kept to 1-2 dates per month, so please provide a few suggestions for preferred dates
- As part of the event proposal, an event marketing plan must be presented to the staff of The Commons
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- The event aligns with the brand, values and visions of The Commons
- The event must be of benefit to a charitable/community organization, or be oriented towards the local entrepreneurial or arts & culture communities
- Submit your event proposal through the form below
- Your proposal and event concept will be reviewed in a weekly internal community meeting, which is composed of The Commons staff, owners, and membership representatives (Ward Bosses)
- We will contact you within 48 hours of our meeting
- The team will meet with you to discuss logistics and any costs associated with your function
- A contract will be drawn up and expectations will be clearly communicated between parties
*We just ask for our out-of-pocket expenses to be covered such as staff, cleaners, security, etc. We'll discuss these details with you if we select your event.